Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dissociation

While learning about the power of dissociation in my psychology class, I came up with this poem in a desperate attempt to dissociate myself from a  morbid video I had to watch in my history class regarding the horrors of slavery. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is I took my inspiration from what I learned in psychology and was able to write it all out in history as means of a distraction. So here it is:

Dissociation
Is my salvation
From things that terrify
Is it my health or sanity
That I should keep in line?
There is no way to keep away
The ghosts that haunt my mind
So I make up a secret place
That horror cannot find

Dissociation
They call my place
of hidden fantasy
Where no one hears
my wretched screams
Or sees atrocity

Its not so bad
Its not all wrong
For one thing does it keep
The only thing I do have left
My mind and sanity
So let me keep my hidden place
Of haunted fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment