Monday, July 8, 2013

Sincerely Violet

I have decided to create a diary for one of my favorite characters. I'm hoping to make this into a sort of series, if enough people enjoy it. I made up Violet when I was in 10th grade, so not that long ago. She has been a lead in a few of my other stories, so I hope you enjoy this look into the mind that is her. This is:
A raw read into the life of Miss Violet Steele.

Dear Diary,
    The other day I realized how I need to stop faking and start facing my problems. In other words I need to stop pretending nothing is wrong, and stop telling myself my feelings or problems are insignificant. The only way to move past a challenge is to face it, head on. Tackle it, fight it and come out victorious. Pretending your aggressor is not there or down playing his strength will only hurt you more. This is what I tell myself.
    The way I am choosing to face my battles, is to write them down. Allowing myself to vent and reflect, or so I've been told. Every night, starting tonight I am hanging up a sign on my door that reads, "Meditating. Do not disturb.  "I am hoping my baby-boomer parents will respect this sign. I am hoping.
    There are a multitude of subjects I'm a little scared but (hopefully) prepared to face. As for tonight, I think this has been enough of a start. So goodnight diary. Until next time.
Sincerely,
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment